It is estimated that the Food market will generate $8.66 trillion in revenue by the end of 2023. Learning to cook may seem like the best way to earn millions. The culinary arts have never been more popular. Millions of people watch television cooking shows, and the popularity of celebrity chefs is at an all-time high. It’s no wonder that so many people want to become professional chefs.
But how do you decide which culinary school is right for you? There are literally hundreds of schools to choose from, each with its unique curriculum and teaching approach. This article will discuss the best culinary schools in the world. We’ll look at what makes these schools stand out from the rest, and we’ll provide a list of resources so that you can learn more about each school.
Cooking schools are a great way to learn about the culinary arts. They teach everything from how to cook basic meals to more complicated dishes. There are many different cooking schools, so we have your back whether you are looking for an intensive cookery course or want to learn on your own.
Here is the complete list of the best cooking schools in the world:
Kendall Culinary School in Chicago
- Kendall culinary school is among the top culinary schools in Chicago and teaches students the most classic and modern cooking techniques. By getting admission to this great school, you will learn everything from how to use all the culinary equipment while mastering the art of making traditional savoury dishes.
- The school offers an associate degree to students in culinary management that comprises seven quarters. However, if you want the degree in a shorter time, the program can be accelerated as per your availability. Additionally, you can benefit from different courses or certificates if you want a robust culinary foundation and don’t want to sign-up for a complete degree.
- Fee Structure:
- Cost of tuition: Per program – $56,287
- Additional Fees: Total Fees Per Quarter – $895
Culinary Arts Academy, Switzerland
- Being one of the top culinary schools in the world, the Culinary Arts Academy, located in Switzerland, offers the best cooking and entrepreneurship skills to students and helps them ace their professional careers. The school has two campuses: “The Center of Lucerne and lakeside at Le Bouveret.” Almost 300 students can get the best culinary education from this institute.
- What makes this school stand out is the variety of degrees or programs offered there. You can choose between one-year courses or a three-year program, depending on the time you want to invest in learning. Moreover, you can also opt for short internships and classes to get certificates. The main courses include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
- Diploma in Vegetarian Culinary Arts (started mid-2020)
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Fee Structure:
- Bachelor’s degree program – from 19,543.00 SFr/term
- Swiss Grand Diploma programs – from 17,000.00 SFr/term
- Diploma in Vegetarian Culinary Arts – from 17,000.00 SFr/term
- This course fee also includes the accommodation charges of the student.
Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School, France
- If you are always looking for tasty foods, you must be aware of all the exquisite and savoury dishes France wraps in itself. Like the delicious food, France also has one of the top culinary schools in the world – Le Cordon Bleu. People who have a great interest in learning French cuisine should get enrolled in this great cooking school.
- Spreading over five continents with 40 campuses worldwide, this culinary school offers students multiple one-day or four-day courses. The most prominent programs offered there include:
- Pastry & Confectionery, Cuisine
- Management & Gastronomy
- Wine & Spirits
- Culinary Arts & Business
- Cuisine, Cuisine of the World
- If you cannot afford the hefty course fee, don’t forget to apply for various scholarships available for students of all nationalities.
Chef En Vous Culinary School Montreal
- Montreal is famous for its delicious French & Canadian dishes and the quality of culinary schools. Chef En Vous is one of the most excellent cooking schools that teach students how to make the best traditional French and Canadian cuisines. The school offers various cookery courses that enhance students’ culinary skills and teach them basic business and entrepreneurship skills.
- Students are divided into several groups during the class, and each group is taught to cook a specific menu. Once you are done with your tasks, top chef teachers check them and tell you about the things you lag and need to work on. After the class, the cooked food is distributed among students. The top dishes that you will learn at Chef En Vous are:
- Moroccan Dishes
- South Italian Cuisines
- Kinds of pasta
Apicius Culinary School Italy
- Apicius International Culinary School, founded in 1997 as a hospitality school, is now famous for being a wine, hospitality, and culinary school. It is in the category of the top culinary schools in the world, and teachers help students excel academically and professionally. The school is at three different locations in Italy and has a formal academic structure that includes regular classes, training, and seminars.
- Additionally, the school has a pastry shop to showcase the cooking talent of its students. If you are planning to be admitted to this excellent cooking school, have a look at the top courses offered there:
- Baking and Pastry
- Food and Culture
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hotel and Lodging Management
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- You can choose between a one-time or regular course, considering your availability. Generally, graduation falls anywhere between two to four years, while some short Certificate Career Programs allow you to enjoy experimental learning within a limited time.
Johnson & Wales University (JWU)
- Located in Providence, Rhode Island, JWU is an institution powered by purpose. With a strong emphasis on experiential education, JWU ensures that students receive an authentic and purposeful education. The university’s commitment to hands-on learning has made it a pioneer in integrating dynamic labs and career-focused classrooms into its curriculum.
- JWU boasts a 95.4% career outcome rate, showcasing the university’s dedication to ensuring its students are well-prepared for their future careers. Over 1,450 students have completed internships, with 78% of them receiving job offers after their paid internships.
University of Rhode Island (URI)
- Located in Kingston, Rhode Island, URI is a major research university with a small college feel. With a strong emphasis on research, URI has been classified as a “High Research Activity” institution by the Carnegie Classification.
- URI offers over 90 undergraduate and 70 graduate programs, catering to a wide range of academic interests. The university’s outreach programs focus on health, environment, and education, making a significant impact on the community.
So there you have it – the best culinary schools in the world, according to our hard research and interviews with chefs. We hope you enjoyed this post and encourage you to share it on social media and discuss it with your friends. If you’re interested in learning more about cooking, be sure to subscribe to the Prillionaires app premium membership for exclusive content and tips from professional chefs. In addition, of course, check back soon for more great reads from Prillionaires.